PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PRN - EMERG MED Adult ER-Salem
Salem, New Jersey
Cooper’s mission is to serve, to heal, to educate and nobody brings this to life more than our Advanced Practice Nurses. Our APNs are integral in diagnosing and treating patients as well as educating them on how to live healthily with their conditions. You’ll need to be a self-starter who stays up-to-date on advancements in your field and be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Possible Local
What makes a successful Advanced Practice Nurse at Cooper? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Collaborative 7
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 8
- Team Player 7
- Efficient 8
- Quick-thinking 7
- Good Listener
Medical • Dental • Vision
Health & Wellness Programs
Paid Time off
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
Cafeteria, Food Kiosk & Onsite Restaurant
Close to shopping
Close to public transportation
Close to restaurants & entertainment
More information about this job:
A wonderful opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant looking to serve patients in a busy rural emergency department
- Per Diem Commitment: 2 weekend days in six weeks
- Shift Type/Hours: Per diem, 10a-10p
- Provide care to a variety of common urgent and non-urgent health conditions for all ages Experience must include ability to independently perform common minor procedures including suturing, draining abscesses, interpreting x-rays, EKG interpretation, and more complex procedures such as ultrasound guided IV placement, central line placement, intubations, chest tubes, paracentesis, etc.
- Qualifications include a minimum of 3 years of experience as Physician Assistant in the emergency department setting. Emergency Department certification preferred, but not required.
- Ability to function autonomously, ability to assess acuity of patients, to diagnose and treat common minor illnesses/conditions such as URI, UTI, sprains and strains, back pain, lacerations, abscesses, acute pain conditions in addition to care of critically ill patients with MI, stroke and sepsis.
- Must be board certified and licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey
Licensed as Physician Assistant
Degree Required: Master’s Physician Assistant
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
NJ Physician Assistant Licensed.
Current NJ-BLS/ACLS/PALS Certification
NCCPA certification is required.