ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE PRN - EMERG MED Adult ER-Salem
More information about this job:
APN/PA PRN Salem
A wonderful opportunity for an experienced dual certified FNP/Acute Care Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant looking to serve patients in a busy rural emergency department
• Per Diem Commitment: 2 weekend days in six weeks
• Shift Type/Hours: Per diem, 10a-10p
• Provide care to a variety of common urgent and non-urgent health conditions for all ages Experience must include ability to independently perform common minor procedures including suturing, draining abscesses, interpreting x-rays, EKG interpretation, and more complex procedures such as ultrasound guided IV placement, central line placement, intubations, chest tubes, paracentesis, etc.
• Qualifications include a minimum of 3 years of experience as APN (FNP/Acute Care NP) or PA in the emergency department setting. Emergency Department certification preferred, but not required.
• Ability to function autonomously, ability to assess acuity of patients, to diagnose and treat common minor illnesses/conditions such as URI, UTI, sprains and strains, back pain, lacerations, abscesses, acute pain conditions in addition to care of critically ill patients with MI, stroke and sepsis.
• Must be board certified and licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey
• Licensed as FNP and Acute Care NP (BOTH) or Physician Assistant
• Degree Required: Master’s in Nursing/Physician Assistant Degree
• Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
• NJ Physician Assistant Or FNP/Acute Care APN Licensed.
• Current NJ-BLS/ACLS Certification
• NCCPA certification is required.