CENTRAL STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIANMoorestown, NJ Job ID 3874 Job Type Full Time Shift Day Specialty Nursing/Clinical Support
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
Carries out procedures for department functions, including, but not limited to:
- Washing, inspecting, packaging, and sterilizing instruments/equipment
- Maintaining accurate monitoring records
- Using and interpreting chemical and biological indicators
- Performs appropriate cleaning of all sterilization equipment
- Assisting OR personnel in locating/reprocessing instruments
- Participating in performance improvement activities.
- Follows established policies & procedures.
- Communicates openly with internal customers and supervisors.
- Provides excellent customer service interfacing well with all levels of staff, management, and physicians.
Looking for individuals with at least 1-2 years experience as a CSP Technician
- Previous operating room technician or central supply technician experience (including appropriate certification) preferred.
- Previous surgical instrumentation/equipment decontamination and sterilization with familiarity of various instrument sterilization methods required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, initiative and ability to take independent action, and be capable of establishing and maintaining outstanding working relationships.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
CSP Certification (CRCST or CBSPD Certification).
Must maintain certification.
full time days, 40 hours a week ; hours: 2p-10:30p