PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PRN-SALEM - EMERG MED Adult ER-SalemApply Job ID 43712 Job Status Per Diem Shift 1
More information about this job:
A wonderful opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant looking to serve patients in a busy rural emergency department
- Per Diem Commitment: 2 weekend days in six weeks
- Shift Type/Hours: Per diem, 10a-10p
- Provide care to a variety of common urgent and non-urgent health conditions for all ages Experience must include ability to independently perform common minor procedures including suturing, draining abscesses, interpreting x-rays, EKG interpretation, and more complex procedures such as ultrasound guided IV placement, central line placement, intubations, chest tubes, paracentesis, etc.
- Qualifications include a minimum of 3 years of experience as Physician Assistant in the emergency department setting. Emergency Department certification preferred, but not required.
- Ability to function autonomously, ability to assess acuity of patients, to diagnose and treat common minor illnesses/conditions such as URI, UTI, sprains and strains, back pain, lacerations, abscesses, acute pain conditions in addition to care of critically ill patients with MI, stroke and sepsis.
- Must be board certified and licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey
- Licensed as FNP or Physician Assistant
- Degree Required: Master’s in Nursing/Physician Assistant Degree
- Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
- NJ Physician Assistant Or Family Advanced Practice Nurse Licensed.
- Current NJ-BLS/ACLS Certification
- NCCPA certification is required.