SR FINANCIAL ANALYSTApply Job ID 62699 Job Type Full Time Shift Day Specialty Finance/Accounting
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
Key responsibilities include:
- The Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Operations will be responsible for improving financial decision making across the organization.
- Maintain close working relationships with hospital and physician leadership and staff to align their needs with the departments.
- Contribute and influence Financial Operations team department growth, development, and culture.
- Involvement in discussions, analyses, and plans to develop new and innovative partnerships with external organizations across programs and services.
- Involvement in the process of evaluating data tools, vendors, with an opportunity to implement new cost accounting and budgeting tools.
- Accountable to maintain a system of internal/business controls which are designed to provide reasonable assurance to CUHC Management that the information provided is accurate, timely and reliable.
- Assist in the management of financial processes that include cost accounting, statistical reporting, variance analysis and financial reporting.
- Two to three years of hands-on experience with healthcare financial operations, preferably in an Academic Medical Center, for both the hospital and physician practice.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, adjusting work schedules to meet deadlines.
- Working understanding of hospital and physician practice revenue cycle and operating cost structure.
- Technical understanding of complex databases and financial reporting.
- Exposure to in-depth business pro forma that encompasses both the physician and hospital.
- Ability to prepare financial analysis and business plans, with guidance, that accurately presents the financial impact of proposals as well as other advantages and disadvantages of the proposal (the group you are working with feels you are a true contributor to the process, not just a collector and supplier of data).
- Understanding of models to produce rolling forecast and predictive modeling of operating volume, revenue and expense.
- Knowledge of DRG schemes, Cost Accounting processes and RBRVS methodology
- Ability to work with standard software packages in a Windows-based environment. Knowledge and use of: EPIC, Lawson, SAP Web Intelligence and a hospital cost accounting system a plus.
Minimum BS/BA in Business Administration or Finance
Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F 830A-5PM