SR EPIC INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER - Infor and KronosApply Job ID 48735 Job Type Full Time Shift Day
The Senior Epic Instructional designer prepares, presents and maintains IT system user training that results in a well-educated and prepared workforce. Senior Epic Instructional designers mentor and assist Epic Instructional designers and independently lead training development and optimization projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training team responsibilities
- As a more experienced Epic Instructional Designer, provides mentorship and assistance to Epic Instructional designer in the execution of their duties.
- Leads IT projects for the development of new and improvement of existing training materials, practices and tools.
- Provides leadership to the training team when the Lead Epic Instructional Designer is not available.
- Creation of training materials for IT systems
- Conducts system training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to system design, work procedures, workflow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Develops training materials, presentations, scripts, user manuals, policies/procedures and reference materials that serve the various user roles for computer systems.
- Utilizes training tools, such as Captivate, WebEx and Easy Test Maker, in the generation of electronic training classes and materials.
- Design, develop and update training curriculum including but not limited to classroom, individual and eLearning modules.
- Proactively maintain and continuously update training materials.
- Develop and maintain all training related policy and procedure related documentation.
- Effectively present IT training materials in a classroom setting
- Conducts classroom training sessions; presenting role specific instruction.
- Demonstrates institutional knowledge of clinical/financial systems and how they are used to support operational functions.
- Effectively manages classroom time, and adherence to class agenda to ensure topic coverage.
- Manage class participant behaviors; seeks lead assistance when needed.
- Supports organizational Process Improvement
- Serve as a liaison between end users, subject matter experts and technical support.
- Conduct observations of users in their environment and document workflow design, to identify areas for improvement and suggestions for workflow redesign.
- Participates as IT representative on committees and task forces as needed.
- Training administration
- Creates and publishes training schedules.
- Secures and prepares training classroom, and class materials.
- Support the training registration process and develops class rosters.
- Validate completion of training prerequisites.
- Validate that user login credentials are generated.
- Set up and populate electronic training environment.
- Document training attendance and test scores.
- Follow the procedures for notifying user provisioning when a user has successfully completed their training; when training completion is required prior to enablement of user login credentials.
- As needed, participates in system test script execution in support of new systems, new functionality and system upgrades.
- As needed, supports end users during the execution of User Acceptance Testing.
- Skills testing
- Design and develop comprehensive testing strategies and artifacts to validate training participant comprehension and preparedness.
- Conduct classroom post training testing. Assign on-line testing for eLearnings.
- Notify appropriate managers, if training participants are not able to pass their post training tests.
- Where appropriate, develop Annual reassessments, to determine training material retention and determine if retraining, tip sheets, or other support tools are warranted.
- Leverage information and trends observed through post training assessments to improve upon and expand existing training strategies.
- Assist with Go-lives
- Support major system go-lives, through direct users support, super users programs or development of “just in time training” materials.
- Training best practices
- Seek to learn and expand personal knowledge of adult education principles.
- Develop conceptual and practical understanding of various training techniques for users with various learning styles.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Obtain and maintain product certifications as required for assigned training responsibilities.
- Monitor and maintain the quality of the training program
- Seek continued improvement of the overall training program through continued evaluation of the curriculum.
- Conduct employee surveys and interviews.
- Seek to expand scope of training materials and the formats for the delivery of training.
- Regularly consult with business leaders to evaluate their changing training needs.
Scheduled Days / Hours: 8:30 to 5:00 M-F;
Epic training certifications are preferred at hire, but required within 120 days of employment for those Instructional Designers supporting specific Epic applications. Instructional Designers supporting other applications may be required to obtain certification in those applications when available from the vendor.
5-10 years’ experience in training, Information TechnologyI, Healthcare Operations. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Instructor-led classroom training &/or experience in other training delivery modes: