MOBILE INTEGRATED HC PROVIDER - EMS 911 ServicesApply Job ID 43918 Job Status Part Time Shift 1
More information about this job:
The Mobile Integrated Health Care Provider will be responsible for visiting the patient after discharge at home to identify physical, safety, and health challenges that would prevent the patient form remaining at home.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides post-discharge home visit, with the goal of reducing morbidity and hospital admission/readmission.
- Coordinates access to community based health services in underserved and general populations, including primary care, public health, community based programs, disease management, prevention and wellness, and mental health.
- Provides patient education in the symptoms and actions needed to manage disease exacerbations in the home.
- The provider will identify changes in patient status and communicate with the appropriate Transitional Care member to determine treatment plans.
- The provider will identify changes in patient status that require immediate initiation of 911 emergency services.
- Provides follow-up, in partnership with a peer recovery coach, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to patients recently reversed with Naloxone.
- Provides education to first responders regarding resources available to SUD patients to better prepare them to provide this information to patients/families.
- Serves, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as a natural bridge to support persons with SUD and their families in accessing care or support.
Scheduled Days / Hours: Variable;
High School Graduate
Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field preferred
Minimum 2 year experience as an Advanced Life Support Provider required
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
Valid state-issued driver’s license; Current NJ MICP/MICN, NREMT-Paramedic preferred; BLS AND ACLS for Healthcare Provider; Community Paramedic Certification Preferred
Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred.