Health Economist - HybridCamden, NJ Job ID 64095 Job Type Full Time Shift Day Specialty Finance/Accounting
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
The Health Economist will:
- Leverage technical knowledge of research and statistical methods, and deep understanding of health care delivery issues to find innovative and informative solutions to business problems
- Support the use of microeconomic principles in analyzing the economic benefits of public programs and policies
- Develop program objectives, strategies and study methods on health care for strategic quality/behavioral, and health care solution interventions
- Work with Population Health to develop health economics and cost effectiveness recommendations for strategy deployment
- Work closely with staff across the enterprise to understand business processes, articulate problems and find solutions that support enterprise strategies and tactics
- Evaluate current and proposed strategies for various Population Health solutions and interpret findings
- Proactively identify market opportunities through effective planning and development of financially sound business proposals
- Contribute to strategic discussions/market access planning processes to enhance the effectiveness of implementation of Population Health strategies
- Communicate economic assessment results to appropriate internal audiences
- Utilize all clinical decision support applications to identify, obtain and analyze data from multiple hospital sources and systems to create ongoing and ad hoc performance reports in support of organizational requirements, goals and objectives in the areas of:
Quality and Performance Improvement
Publically reported data sites (Consumer facing)
Industry and regional rating/ranking
- Create reports containing technical and clinical information
- Contribute to business development by identifying new ways to enhance or expand existing tasks/projects and present research ideas/white papers
- At least 5 years experience in developing economics and cost effectiveness analyses in the healthcare industry. Experience in pharmaceutical, health insurance or health care industry
- Experience with Medicare, Commercial payer programs and ACOs preferred.
- Familiarly with industry benchmarking and publically reported data
- Literature review experience with demonstrated skills in quantitative research
- Experience querying clinical databases, using clinical decision software and performing biostatistical analysis
- Demonstrated experience in decision-analytic modeling with a focus on health economics and outcomes research
- Extensive computer experience, including programming in any language and extensive Excel experience. Simulation and statistical software preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience in performance improvement programs preferred
Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field prefered, including but not limited to computer sciences, biomedical sciences, and biostatistics, economics, or operations management.
Master’s degree prefered. MBA, MS, MPH or MHA Postgraduate training in health economics, health policy, health services research, healthcare administration or similar
Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F 8:00-4:30; Education:BACHELOR Required