ED PATIENT FLOW MANAGERCamden, NJ Job ID 67965 Job Type Full Time Shift Evening Specialty Critical Care/ER
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
The ED Flow Manager’s primary responsibility will be to facilitate flow through the ED.
- He/she will delegate care to the ED care teams and assign patients, ensuring that workload is balanced and delegates tasks appropriately, employing resources as needed to assure quality and efficient care.
- Ensures the delivery of patient care through the coordination of customer services and the leadership and management of the Emergency Department and Clinical Decision Unit at the direction of the Clinical Director.
- This position assists the Clinical Director in coordinating interdepartmental and ancillary activities to ensure quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Assists the Clinical Director in leading the patient care team to meet the needs of the customers and to achieve departmental objectives.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the direction and implementation of patient care services within the Emergency Department and Clinical Decision Unit at the direction of the Clinical Director and in their absence.
A minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience in an Emergency Department, with 1 year of demonstrated leadership abilities.
Graduate from an NLN accredited school of nursing.
Bachelor’s in Nursing or active pursuit preferred.
NJ-RN: Current New Jersey license as a Registered Nurse
BLS certification, ACLS, PALS
ATCN/TNCC preferred or required within 12 months of hire
Scheduled Days / Hours: Varied; Full time - 36 hours weekly; middle shift