DIR FINANCIAL PLANNING - Financial Planning & Analysis
More information about this job:
- The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will assist the AVP to build a solid team of employees below them to support the tactics behind the departmental deliverables and ensure that the team is operating at optimal educational levels, has the tools they need to succeed, and that they are constantly advancing their technical and financial skill sets.
- Management and development of all professional staff that directly or indirectly report up through this position
- Accountable to maintain a system of internal/business controls which are designed to provide reasonable assurance to CUHC Management that the information provided is accurate, timely and reliable
- Assist in the management of financial processes that include cost accounting, statistical reporting, variance analysis and financial reporting
- This role will establish the use of financial decision support tools, their integration with key systems like Lawson, Epic, Kronos and others.
- Assist AVP of Financial Planning & Analysis on reorganizing the functional responsibilities of financial operations to support the growing organizational needs
Scheduled Days / Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00
Minimum BS/BA in Business Administration or Finance; Preferred, MBA or other Executive Development
· Five to seven + years of of hands-on experience with healthcare financial operations, perferrably in an Academic Medical Center, for both the hospital and physician practice
· Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple tasks with deadlines and pressure, adjusting work schedules to meet deadlines.
· Deep understanding of hospital and physician practice revenue cycle and operating cost structure
· Technical understanding of complex databases and financial reporting
· Experience creating in-depth business pro forma that emcompasses both the physician and hospital
· Experience and an ability to independently prepare financial analysis and business plans that accurately presents the financial impact of proposals as well as other advantages and disadvantages of the proposal (the group you are working with feels you are a true contributor to the process, not just a collector and supplier of data)
· Knowlegde of developing models to produce rolling forecast and predictvie modeling of operating volume, revenue and expense
· Knowledge of DRG schemes, Cost Accounting processes and RBRVS methodology
· Ability to work with standard software packages in a Windows-based environment. Knowledge and use of: EPIC, Lawson, SAP Web Intelligence and a hospital cost accounting system