COUNSELOR - Addiction MedicineApply Job ID 56034 Job Type Full Time Shift Day Specialty Addictions/Counseling Services
Counselors will work as part of an interdisciplinary team providing individual and group counseling, support, and care coordination. Ideal candidate will have an understanding of addiction and mental health counseling with awareness of evidence based practice (EBP). Candidate must possess knowledge of substance use disorders (SUD) and medication assisted treatment (MAT) in order to engage with Cooper Addiction Medicine outpatient and inpatient hospital based clinical practices. Counselors will need excellent interpersonal communication skills and must work well as part of a team. Counselors must be comfortable working with an underserved patient population and utilizing harm reduction models of care. There is a strong emphasis on care coordination that assists patients in accessing and remaining in treatment.
- Evidence based individual and group counseling
- Psychoeducation and family support groups
- Care planning, referrals, case management, and advocacy
- Support and monitor biopsychosocial, protocol-driven SUD treatment plans for specific patient panels.
- Skills training with patients to facilitate disease self-management, improved coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, and affect regulation.
- Provide behavioral health care support for patients on medication assisted treatment, particularly coordination of care to community resources.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC) or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (LAMFT) or Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LCADC) or Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC).
Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F 8:30a-5:00p
Scheduled Days / Hours: Full time night shift; 7:00pm - 7:00am, rotation to other shifts, if needed; including a rotational weekends and holidays schedule.
Education: Graduate of NLN accredited School of Nursing - Bachelor Degree preferred.
License/Certifications/Registration: Current NJ-RN License (Registered Nurse); Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers); certain specialties may require advanced certification (i.e. ACLS, NALS, PALS)