ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE - PSYCH Psych 3 Cooper
Camden, New Jersey
Cooper’s mission is to serve, to heal, to educate and nobody brings this to life more than our Advanced Practice Nurses. Our APNs are integral in diagnosing and treating patients as well as educating them on how to live healthily with their conditions. You’ll need to be a self-starter who stays up-to-date on advancements in your field and be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Possible Local
What makes a successful Advanced Practice Nurse at Cooper? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Collaborative 7
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 8
- Team Player 7
- Efficient 8
- Quick-thinking 7
- Good Listener
Medical • Dental • Vision
Health & Wellness Programs
Paid Time off
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
Cafeteria, Food Kiosk & Onsite Restaurant
Close to shopping
Close to public transportation
Close to restaurants & entertainment
More information about this job:
The Advance Practice Nurse in the Department of Psychiatry will work in the outpatient office in Voorhees, NJ and/or Camden, NJ.Together with the psychiatric attending(s), attending(s) of other specialties, residents, nurses, social workers and other members of the treatment team, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide psychiatric assessments (identify barriers to care, gather information for referrals, arrange home visits), provide continuity psychiatric outpatient services in different sites, help develop care management strategies for patients, provider health education, and help create linkages for the various health and social needs of patients.
The Psychiatric APN will participate as a member of the Behavioral Health Clinical leadership team and with other key internal/external stakeholders as needed to strengthen existing services and identify opportunities for system-wide clinical growth and service development, examples of which include but not limited to:
- BH/ED/Crisis Work Groups
- BH Clinical Quality Council
- Violence Prevention
- BH-related RCA’s
- BH Clinical Quality Committee
Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Master’ Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing psychiatric clinical services preferred.
- Experience in diagnostic evaluations, pharmacotherapy, and psychotherapy.
- Must have demonstrated clinical expertise and assessment skills.
- Advanced knowledge of growth and development with ability to provide age –appropriate care.
- Strong written/oral communication skills; ability to work independently.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills a must.
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
- Valid licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of New Jersey.
National certification by AANP or ANCC.
- Active State of New Jersey CDS and DEA License to prescribe and maintain controlled substances.
- Valid Driver’s license and automobile that is insured.
- Current BLS certification.
Demonstrated ability to work well with people of various ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, and life experiences.
Requires the ability to travel to multiple office locations
No on-call responsibilities; no weekends hours required.
Ability to effectively provide clinical care to socially and medically complex patients in a variety of non-traditional settings
Ability to maintain organized clinical records in both a paper and electronic health records system; comfort with computer based systems is also required.
Ability to work collaboratively in a team and manage multiple priorities, utilizes effective time management skills, and exercise sound administrative and clinical judgment.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PRN - CRITICAL CARE Critical Care 1 Camden, New Jersey
- ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE PRN - CRITICAL CARE Critical Care 1 Camden, New Jersey
- ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE PRN - Innovative Delivery Camden, New Jersey
Search for transfer and advancement opportunities within the organization.Login