ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE - PSYCH Psych 3 Cooper
Camden, New Jersey
Cooper’s mission is to serve, to heal, to educate and nobody brings this to life more than our Advanced Practice Nurses. Our APNs are integral in diagnosing and treating patients as well as educating them on how to live healthily with their conditions. You’ll need to be a self-starter who stays up-to-date on advancements in your field and be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Possible Local
What makes a successful Advanced Practice Nurse at Cooper? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Collaborative 7
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 8
- Team Player 7
- Efficient 8
- Quick-thinking 7
- Good Listener
Medical • Dental • Vision
Health & Wellness Programs
Paid Time off
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
Cafeteria, Food Kiosk & Onsite Restaurant
Close to shopping
Close to public transportation
Close to restaurants & entertainment
More information about this job:
The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) in the Emergency Department (ED) ) must provide advanced nursing care for patients with psychiatric disorders. May provide psychotherapy under the direction of the Psychiatrist. All duties and responsibilities must be accomplished in accordance with the New Jersey State Board of Nursing Guidelines for APN-App and in accordance with Cooper Hospital policy and procedures.
The Psychiatric APN will participate as a member of the Behavioral Health Clinical leadership team and with other key internal/external stakeholders as needed to strengthen existing services and identify opportunities for system-wide clinical growth and service development, examples of which include but not limited to:
- BH/ED/Crisis Work Groups
- BH Clinical Quality Council
- Violence Prevention
- BH-related RCA’s
- BH Clinical Quality Committee
Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Master’ Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing psychiatric clinical services preferred but not required.
- Experience in diagnostic evaluations, pharmacotherapy, and psychotherapy.
- Must have demonstrated clinical expertise and assessment skills.
- Advanced knowledge of growth and development with ability to provide age –appropriate care.
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
- Current APN licensure in the State of New Jersey.
- National certification by AANP or ANCC.
- Active State of New Jersey CDS and DEA License to prescribe and maintain controlled substances.
- Current BLS certification.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written/oral communication skills; ability to work independently.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills a must.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT-CARDIO - SURGERY Cardiothoracic 3 Coop Camden, New Jersey
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT - Surg - General 500 BerlinCross Camden, New Jersey
- ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE - HOSPITALIST Hosp CDU-1 Cooper Camden, New Jersey
Search for transfer and advancement opportunities within the organization.Login