ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE PRN - EMERG MED Adult ER 1 Cooper
Camden, New Jersey
Cooper’s mission is to serve, to heal, to educate and nobody brings this to life more than our Advanced Practice Nurses. Our APNs are integral in diagnosing and treating patients as well as educating them on how to live healthily with their conditions. You’ll need to be a self-starter who stays up-to-date on advancements in your field and be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Possible Local
What makes a successful Advanced Practice Nurse at Cooper? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Collaborative 7
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 8
- Team Player 7
- Efficient 8
- Quick-thinking 7
- Good Listener
Medical • Dental • Vision
Health & Wellness Programs
Paid Time off
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
Cafeteria, Food Kiosk & Onsite Restaurant
Close to shopping
Close to public transportation
Close to restaurants & entertainment
More information about this job:
- A wonderful opportunity for an experienced Advanced Practice Nurse looking to serve patients in a busy urban emergency department fast track setting.
- Rotating shifts of: Three twelve hour shifts; every third weekend.
- Hours: 8am-8pm - AS NEEDED
- Work autonomously in our state of the art “iTrack” evaluating ESI level 4 & 5 and low acuity level 3 patients.
- Provide care to a variety of common health conditions for ages 18 and older including suturing, draining abscesses, interpreting x-rays and EKGs, splinting, URI’s, UTI’s, musculoskeletal injuries, etc.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in an Emergency Department.
- Qualifications include experienced APN from a certified Family, Adult, Adult/Gerontology or Acute Care APN program, ability to function autonomously, ability to assess acuity of patients, diagnose and treat common minor illnesses/conditions. Must be board certified and licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey.
- We offer a competitive salary base. A comprehensive benefits package to include paid malpractice, CME, health, life and dental insurance, matching retirement 403B and other options.
Board Certification: Licensed as Family, Adult, Adult/Gerontology or Acute Care Advance Practice Nurse in New Jersey
Degree Required: Master of Science in Nursing
Location: Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Prescriptive practice is based on the development of written joint protocols with the collaborating physician(s)
- Received approval from the Nursing Credentialing Committee
- These protocols are reviewed, updated and signed yearly.
- Received approval from the Nurse Credentialing Committee
Sign up for Job Alerts
- CHARGE ENTRY SPECIALIST PRN - PEDS Admin 3 Cooper Camden, New Jersey
- REGISTERED NURSE PRN - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Camden, New Jersey
- REGISTERED NURSE PRN II - CDU - Clinical Decision Unit Camden, New Jersey
Search for transfer and advancement opportunities within the organization.Login